Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wow

Hey guys, just arrived for a week away from the 9 to 5 office grind. Holy cow, what a difference from the last time we were here! The garden has exploded, I mean it's literally bursting with life! I can't honestly believe it. The change from May to June was amazing in itself, but the change from June to July ... WOW. I mean, it's overgrown; there are no two ways about it. But it's just so ... fertile. There are foxgloves everywhere and daisies, wild roses in full bloom, bluebells, honeysuckle, and about a billion flowers whose names I don't even know.

When we arrived, the hummingbird was feasting on the wonderful deep cerise flowers with a trumpet-like shape (whose name I do not know) that cover the bush at the top of the driveway. [ETA: the bush is a fuchsia. I knew this. I'll be fine.]

We had the usual collection of mouse dirt, wood dust and dead bugs to sweep up. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Good news: We have water and power.

Bad news: Our resident beaver had practically cut us off with a two foot flood over the road. The Suburban had no problem driving through it, but something will have to be done. Hmmm ....

No bear sign as yet, but strange new scratch marks on the back door. Again I say, hmmmm ...


I'll update again soon with pics. In the meantime, beer good ... burgers are cooking ... all is well at the Cape. :) Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

~ Chasing Cars ~ Snow Patrol

No comments:

Post a Comment