Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Moose Moose

Q. When do you know it's finally Spring at Willow Retreat?
A. When Mr. and Mrs. Moose and Junior Moose come for a family visit!

A couple of days ago, as I cradled my first cup of coffee of the morning, I happened to glance out of the kitchen window.  Across the lawn, and staring straight at me, was a moose.  I soon realized that it was not just one moose, but three: Mom, Dad, and Baby.  Well, the calf was hardly a baby anymore, but most definitely still a youngster.  Of course, I scrambled for my camera, stuck the telephoto lens on, and got snapping. Here are some of the better pics:



Mom and Junior having a conference while Dad is busy with the important stuff: eating!



I felt like he (or she) was staring right at me!



Now they're all looking at me!



Nice profile shot there.  Kind of looks like a cross between a camel and a donkey ... ?



Check out their white legs.



Not arguing with this fella!

It was really cool to see these guys at the bottom of our garden.  It serves as a reminder that the wilderness is all around us, and we must respect the habitat of these majestic creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment